ELISAmap is a website platform, which gathers all the necessary information for all those who have questions about forms of infection, incubation period of HIV, places where the exam is performed and, time of delivery of the results. ELISAmap is an essential tool to aid in the early detection of the HIV virus and thus contribute to the end of this global pandemic.
- Is your enterprise constituted as a company in any country? If so where?
- What category you are applying for?
- Salud colaborativa
- In what stage is your solution?
- Describe briefly your project’s financial sustainability model
- The project aims to achieve a high number of visits in order to achieve as great a coverage as possible of the entire at-risk population of HIV infection, but especially young people since in Latin America they are by far the group with greater risk today. We hope to contribute to breaking down myths of diverse topics, as for example demystify that HIV is a disease that only affects homosexuals, erroneous claim that has consistently been dismantled by the statistics, achieve a substantial increase in the amount of population that undergoes ELISA testing, invite to break the fear of the youth population explaining didactically the enormous comparative advantages of early detection in the treatment of HIV, promote strongly the importance of responsible sexual behaviors in the prevention of the spread of the virus. For all these objectives we want to include information about places to perform the examination and waiting periods for delivery of the results of the greatest amount of countries so that anonymous and highly effective information, which helps to save lives and fight against this pandemic, is easily accessible at different latitudes. We also would like to provide youth with messages from relevant figures for them, such as athletes, actors, and music stars, advising them of the importance of the examination in video spots. We aspire to also have the testimony of people like the basketball player Magic Johnson, who has bravely publicly acknowledged himself as a carrier of HIV. We aspire to incorporate applications for smartphones with the essential information so that in urgent cases, the lack of a computer is not an obstacle to the achievement of this objective.
- What is the scalability of your project? Zonal, national, regional or global? Why?
- Our team has found a displeasing reality: a high percentage of the population does not perform HIV testing for lack of information, fear of asking, feeling of omnipotence, etc. ELISAmap is an web page enabled to find the address of an establishment where the Elisa test is practiced, using markers in Google Maps, along with delivering data on how long it takes for the delivery of results by the respective establishment, what kind of ELISA Test is used, whether it is free or has a monetary cost and given this last option, the price of examination; The project arises from the need to bring together in one place all the information a person needs at the time of testing, avoiding the uncomfortable process of consulting personally, for fear of ridicule since unfortunately HIV is still a taboo in many countries. Aside from the location, it becomes important to also inform about risky behaviors and the degree of contact of implicated in the spread of the virus. For this purpose there are banners that lead directly to the information required in a precise and pleasant form. In addition, it actively involves the community through the implementation of informative speeches in schools, breaking down barriers between the community and the ELISA testing, allowing early detection and treatment of this disease. The incorporation of social networks such as Twitter and Facebook eases content sharing and encourages diffusion of the webpage. Educational videos about HIV and practical information about what to do to in case of a positive test result, instruct the community about what it means to live with HIV so webcasting does not end in the realization of the examination, beginning there instead. Using the above resources is intended to assist the user of the web platform in the difficult journey that it may be, the process of searching for information, the decision to carry out the examination and obtaining the results. It is expected to grant support to the user, provided by the feedback that is given on the web platform, enabling them to interact with other users in a similar situation. To achieve this goal we aspire to have testimonials of patients who currently live with HIV anonymously or publicly, as a way of bringing closer together these two worlds which nowadays are segregated due to the ignorance and prejudice that derive from it. The interaction between HIV-positive and HIV-negative people is provided through private messages so they can communicate and break down the barriers that limit a better coexistence between the members of our countries, since we are all human beings regardless of our medical condition.
- How is your product or service different from what exists on the market?
- Actually, it doesn´t exists a web platform that offers useful information about places to realize ELISA.
- Briefly describe the social impact that your solution generates
- Through interaction with Google Maps, Twitter and Facebook, the website provides an attractive and user-friendly way for the user to obtain valuable information that is usually difficult to access because of cultural barriers or fear to be related to the illness. People normally do not dare to ask freely since HIV is still synonymous with social stigma and discrimination in many countries of the world. Currently, it is an absolute necessity that HIV testing is performed as a form to quickly screen for new cases and treat them as soon as possible in order to improve the quality of life of those infected.
Do you think this idea
is positive for the world?
Give your support to "Elisamap"